Have you been wanting to to beautify without putting a dent in your wallet? Treat yourself with these 8 do-it-yourself hacks that will leave you feeling refreshed and recovered from head-to-toe!
- Lip Sugar Scrub – Great for dry lips
- 1 Tablespoon of white or brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of honey or olive oil
- Mix the two ingredients together and in a small bowl, Then, using your fingertips, massage the mixture onto your lips for a minute. Then, let the mixture sit on your lips for 5 minutes and wash it off. The sugar will exfoliate your dry lips while the olive oil moisturizes them!
- Carrot Mask – Great for dry skin
- 1 carrot
- ½ avocado
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil (or coconut oil if you prefer)
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 egg yolk
- Boil the carrots so they are soft enough where you can mash them with a fork. Next, add in the avocado, honey, olive oil, lemon juice and egg yolk and mix until it creates a paste. Apply the mask to a clean, dry face and let it sit until dry. This mask contains antioxidants, potassium, protein and natural oils that will tone and moisturize the skin will also delivering anti-aging effects.
- Cucumber Mask – Great for oily skin
- 1/2 of a cucumber
- 2 tablespoons ground oatmeal
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Place all of the ingredients into a blender and blend until the mixture turns intoa paste. Apply the mask to a clean, dry face and let it sit for 15 minutes. This mask is great for oily skin because cucumbers are a natural astringent that will help cleanse the skin, tighten pores and get rid of excess oil while oatmeal will calm the skin.
- DIY Hair Mask – Great for damaged hair
- 1 Tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon of honey
- Stir the honey and olive oil together in a bowl until well-mixed. Then apply the mixture to either dry or wet hair and let it sit for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, simply wash out the mixture and gently dry. This hair mask is a great way to repair and moisturize dry, damaged hair.
- Green Tea Eye De-Puffer – Great for swollen eyes
- 1 green tea bag
- 1 cup of water
- Brew 1 cup of green tea, then soak cotton balls in the tea. Once well-soaked, place the cotton balls on your eyes while you lie down and relax. After ten minutes remove the cotton balls and rinse your face with cool water. The caffeine in green tea will help shrink the appearance of blood vessels while the antioxidants in the tea with reduce inflammation.
- At Home Spot Treatment – Great for breakouts
- Mint-flavored toothpaste
- Use a q-tip to put a drop of toothpaste on pimples. Let the toothpaste work its magic overnight, then rinse off your face in the morning. With its antibacterial properties and ability to remove oil, mint toothpaste will help dry out the blemish.
- Oatmeal Face Scrub – Great for exfoliating
- ½ cup of oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- Mix all of the ingredients in a small bowl together until you create a thick, sticky paste. After wetting your face, massage the scrub onto your skin for 45 seconds to a minute and a half, then rinse. Oatmeal is loaded with anti-inflammatory minerals that will help to smooth the skin, while the coconut oil moisturizes it. Additionally, honey acts as an antibacterial agent and will help to clarify your pores.
- Coffee Body Scrub – Great for dry skin
- 3 cups ground coffee of you choice
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (cooled or melted)
- Using a blender or a wooden spoon, mix all of the ingredients together until they create a pastey, scrub-like texture. In the shower, scrub your body from head to toe. The salt and sugar will exfoliate your skin as the coconut flakes and oil moisturize. The best part? Coffee will help stimulate blood flow to help reduce cellulite and tighten your skin!
Don’t break the bank! Make a quick run to your closest grocery store, stock up, and create your own at-home spa in no time!
Looking for more beauty tips? Check out these 3 articles:
Access the nation's most talented fitness instructors anywhere, anytime, on any device.Join Free