Have a trip coming up? Need some help packing? We talked to Booya trainers Ariane Hundt and Shay Kostabi to get the scoop on their go-to travel items and snacks that’ll keep your vacation healthy and active.
Both Ariane and Shay agree that sneakers are a must no matter where you’re headed. If they’re in your bag, you’re more likely to think about how you can craft that day’s activities with fitness in mind.
2. Headphones and music: Traveling can be tedious so Shay recommends bringing along some tunes to keep your energy up. Headphones also come in handy if you decide to go for a run.
3. High protein snacks: Ariane’s go-to travel snacks are Quest Bars and individual protein packets. Keeping your protein intake high will ensure hunger stays at bay between meal times. Find both at your local health food store or pack your own travel-friendly snacks in a sealed plastic bag.
4. Easily portable fruits and nuts: A handful of almonds or walnuts in a plastic bag are great for a quick snack on the go. Portable fruits like apples or bananas travel well in carry-on. They key is to always have something healthy within reach so you stay on track until you return home to your regular routine.
5. Water bottle: Keep a water bottle with you at all times to stay hydrated! Refill at water fountains when possible and you’ll never be without a sip. If you’re flying, be sure to drink before you get through security and then pick up another bottle after the check-point or stock up when you board your flight.
If you forget to pack travel snacks there are healthy options at rest stops or airport kiosks:
– hard boiled eggs
– plain, unsalted nuts
– string cheese
– salad, without the extra dressing
LINKS TO OTHER POSTS