Choosing a cocktail to sip on can be difficult, as many are loaded with calories and sugar. Instead, try cooling off with one of these healthier cocktail options this summer. We promise you won’t miss all those extra calories!
We are excited to partner with Be Mixed who make high-quality, tasty and better-for-you cocktail mixers. Their delicious mixers are naturally zero-calories and make for excellent guilt-free drinks. They are giving away one box of each cocktail mixer flavor as the prize for our July Sweaty Selfie contest. To enter, post your best ‘sweaty selfie’ on Instagram after your next Booya workout. You must use #Sweatyselfie and tag @booyafitness and @bemixed to qualify.
Be Mixed also provided us with three of their favorite clean cocktails below. Enjoy!
Firecracker (Using Be Mixed high quality, zero-calorie cocktail mixers)
Margarita and spicy jalapeno are the perfect partners for a refreshing treat to serve at your holiday BBQ! Here’s a clean cocktail with more kick than a 4th of July firecracker.
- 1 bottle Be Mixed Margarita
- 1 slice cucumber (garnish)
- 1 lime
- 1.5 oz white tequila
- 1 jalapeno halved lengthways
- Place the Be Mixed Margarita and tequila in a cocktail shaker
- Squeeze lime juice into the mixture and add crushed ice and jalapeno
- Shake well
- To serve, strain into a glass and garnish with a slice of cucumber
Strawberry sparkler (Using Be Mixed high quality, zero-calorie cocktail mixers)
Nothing says a celebration like bubbles! For a true guilt-free indulgence, add Be Mixed Cucumber Mint to create this rosy treat.
- Pour Be Mixed cucumber mint into a champagne flute and top up with pink champagne
- Garnish with sliced strawberries and serve
Cucumber Watermelon Cooler (Using Be Mixed high quality, zero-calorie cocktail mixers)
Watermelon and cucumber are a match made in summer cocktail heaven. This super simple recipe makes the ultimate 4th July thirst-quencher.
- 1 bottle Be Mixed Cucumber Mint
- 4 cubes fresh watermelon
- 5 oz vodka
- Crush watermelon cubes lightly with a spoon and pour into a cocktail shaker
- Add vodka and 1 bottle Be Mixed Cucumber Mint to the shaker
- Pour into glass over ice
Other healthy cocktails we love:
Mean Green Kale Margarita // Feed Me Phoebe
Yes, a cocktail that contains superfoods! This margarita is naturally sweetened with raw honey and fruit, plus helps you get a few more greens into your diet.
Continue reading →