If tuning into the Olympics gives you major fitspiration, we’ve got you covered. Follow these incredible athletes on Instagram for motivation during the Olympics and beyond.
Morghan King – U.S. Weightlifter // @kingmorghan
Morghan may be tiny – she’s just over 5 feet tall and hovers around 105 pounds – but she’s also crazy strong. Told by many coaches she was too small, Morghan is now one of the strongest women in the U.S. Her work ethic shines through on her Instagram, and she has some pretty cute pups, too.
Struggling with motivation? While it’s totally common to feel a little uninspired every now and then when it comes to your health, we want to help you get back on track. Check out these top tips to help you get your sweat on this spring.
Mix Things Up
If you’re always doing the same gym routine, it can be really easy to get into a rut. Trying new things is a great way to mix up your workout, plus you’ll get the added benefit of better results from challenging your body in different ways. If you love getting your zen on with yoga, why not try a fun cardio dance class instead? If running is more your thing, try taking a spin class to work your legs in a different way.
Brit Rettig, host of GRIT by Brit understands that fitness isn’t just about working out, it’s also about general wellness and personal well-being.
I know I’m always talking about the external, physical benefits of working out (6 pack by summer, J-lo legs, Michelle Obama arms), but let’s not forget about all of the ways that fitness helps us on the inside. Maintaining our mental health is critical for overall wellness. Here are the top 5 non-physical reasons I believe exercise is a mental health miracle drug. Keep these in mind during your next sweat session!
- Super Self-confidence:Pushing through physcial challenges gives us confidence which spills over into other areas of life. Nothing is sexier than confidence!
- Less Stress: Studies show that the most common mental benefit of exercise is stress relief. Boss getting on your nerves? Go walk it off. Angry is not a good look.
- More Memory: A good sweat session boosts our memory capacity and brain power. Jocks are smarter after all…and smart is HOT
- Addiction Control: Since our brains releases dopamine “the happy chemical” during exercise, we get a natural high – goodbye addictions!
- Real Relaxation: Moderate exercise can have the same effect on your body as a sleeping pill. Who needs chemical drugs for a little R&R? Not us!