Have an important event coming up and want to look your best? Rather resorting to extreme behavior for a week, which can harm your metabolism and your body, try these tips from Booya trainers Ariane Hundt and Shay Kostabi.
A drastic amount of weight loss won’t happen in a week but you can make some changes to help you feel and look your best. The majority of these changes will have to come form what you eat.
One week ahead of your event:
– Cut out all sugar including fruit.
– Skip alcohol and caloric drinks.
– Drink a lot of water. A helpful start to the day is one full glass in the morning with lemon juice. Drink 8-10 more glasses throughout the day.
– Avoid starchy carbohydrates like bread and potatoes.
– Stick to lean protein and vegetables.
– Try to eat frequently or at least five small meals a day.
– Replace one meal a day with a green juice or green smoothie to keep you on track.
Pair this nutrition plan with HIIT training to burn fat fast. HIIT combines cardio with strength training to shape your muscles and help you tone up more quickly.
Stick to these changes during the week to get ready for any event while treating yourself to some TLC for the extra effort. Opt for a facial or massage — anything you can do to make you feel your best for your special day.